Network problems (was Re: [PLUG] Re: GNU India on the Microsoft scourge in Government)

Kaustubh Gadkari kaustubh.gadkari at
Fri Mar 23 08:22:21 IST 2007

> if you could able to resolve(you also try ping and dig) nothing is blocking.
> The fact that I can resolve only means that I can reach a
nameserver that has the IP for The fact that I cannot
ping that machine indicates that either the machine is down, or that
there is a routing issue. The fact that I can reach
from home indicates that the server is up and running. Ergo, there is
a routing issue.

Kaustubh Gadkari
kaustubh.gadkari at