[PLUG] Ubuntu edgy

श्रीधर नारायण दैठणकर ghodechhap at ghodechhap.net
Fri Mar 23 08:30:02 IST 2007

On Friday 23 March 2007 08:09, Ranjit Bhonsle wrote:
> Most install related sites/blogs suggest msttcorefonts package. I set arial
> for
> most things. Ubuntu looks quite sharp after you make this change.
> Ranjit.

Actually I would suggest not using them. Linux install includes Deja vu and
Bitstream Vera families of font which are far superior to MS fonts as far as
visual effect is concerned.

I used to install ms fonts too. But I didn't have access to net for one
install and the default slackware install was so beautiful, I never turned
back.

The times and courier fonts bundled with X are not so good. But Deja Vu and
Bit stream are too good to be true.

 Shridhar