[PLUG] Microsoft says 235 of its patents were violated by F/OSS

Devendra Laulkar devendralaulkar at gmail.com
Wed May 16 22:29:04 IST 2007

Hi,

On 5/16/07, Aditya Godbole <aag.lists at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 5/16/07, श्रीधर नारायण दैठणकर <ghodechhap at ghodechhap.net> wrote:
> > On Wednesday 16 May 2007 10:07, ॐ wrote:
> >
> > I *think* US patents are valid in India thanks to WTO..

As far as I know, US patents are *not* valid in India and vice versa.
I also don't think its under the ambit of the WTO, there might be some other
organization of the UN handling these things.

(I think) what that means is that if you go to the US, and they arrest
> you for patent infringement of their patents, the Indian government
> cannot help you much.

You cannot be arrested  in US for infringement  of patents in India (even US
patents)
What you cannot do is sell the product in the US, then it would amount to
patent infringement in the US, and you could get sued.

-Devendra Laulkar.