[PLUG] dell 1390 wireless with mandriva..

guru.is.on.vi at gmail.com
Mon May 21 10:22:12 IST 2007

Thanks you very much...  i tried loading windows2000 driver with
ndiswrapper and it conplained about forcing some mode to be 2 instead
of 0.  I do not have wireless network here so can't really test
everything right now but atleast it went futher than what was
happening with winxp driver.  It allowed me to configuration screen
from control center  and I can perhaps try it later for actual use.

[Just for information... when i was trying winxp driver with
ndiswrapper, it was complaining (in "dmesg") as "failed to load driver
because driver it was trying to load was 64 bit while I am using 32
bit Mandriva on x86_64 laptop.  Also it did not help that I was using
bcmwl5.sys file to write the firmware and *not* bcmwl564.sys  It never
allowed me to enter the configuration screen earlier saying it could
not find interface or something]

So i think things might work with this (win2k) driver if I actually
happen to be in the wireless range.

मनःपूर्वक आभार