[PLUG] dell 1390 wireless with mandriva..

Devendra Laulkar devendralaulkar at gmail.com
Tue May 22 16:17:28 IST 2007

Hi,

On 5/22/07, ॐ <guru.is.on.vi at gmail.com> wrote:

> Wireless is a new animal for me.. :-)  & I can't pretend there is a
> fault with the wire or at other end :-)  [anyway...] my wireless is
> **not** working even though there is wireless signal.

I think that the card is properly detected and working. Check out the
results of 'iwconfig'.

Try setting up an Adhoc network :-

iwconfig wlan0 mode ad-hoc
iwconfig wlan0 essid "foo"

Using ifconfig give ip address to wlan0.

Perform similar settings on another machine, give different ip-address and
try to ping between the two.

I dont have idea about the encryption schemes for Managed mode, but I think
using iwconfig you can do all the settings.

-Regards,
Devendra Laulkar.