[PLUG] dell 1390 wireless with mandriva..
guru.is.on.vi at gmail.com
Sat May 26 02:56:39 PDT 2007
This is a bit delayed but complete reply... I had a chance to check
Wireless working properly. What all made it work..
1. information about ndiswrapper etc. etc. and how to get wifi up for
1390 from http://LinuxQuestions.org archives. And some information
on Dell forum..
2. Using Win2k driver instead of winXP driver with ndiswrapper. - (Sameer)
3. Bunch of helpful hints from Others on PLUG. I had almost forgotten
how to get link up since never had to do that for last few years..
4. Press the damn Wireless button (**hint**) from Devendra
5. My strong belief that I would be able get wireless up just by
participating on PLUG mailing list :-) I definitely looked
(searched) for resources, archives everywhere but no participation.
Oh.. there is a downside... no episode can be complete without the downside..
Manas... No Wifi light is UP, I can scan the network and see others.
Others do see (Emperor) Penguin.... but no still there is *no*
"ADDRCONF(NETDEV_CHANGE): wlan0: link becomes ready"
message. Just the absense of **not ready**. But hey, I must have
made some mistake somewhere while trying to infer plenty of
instructions everywhere... :-)
%20: "space", the final frontier... These are the voyages of Star Trek
#kernel panic: no space left on device
More information about the plug-mail