[PLUG] Tata Indicom Broadband with WRT54G

आदित्य लघाटे laghatea at gmail.com
Mon May 28 10:33:41 IST 2007

On 5/28/07, Mayuresh <mayuresh at acm.org> wrote:
> > > What plan have u subscribed to? I am using Tata indicom broadband over
> > > the WRT45G right now to compose this mail!!
>
> I envy that...!
> Please read the details below and let me know if my setup is similar to yours.
>
> > AFAIK, for Metro Ethernet connection, tata indicom provide static
> > (public?) IP. One just needs to configure it. If MAC is also checked,
> > you can us 'clone MAC' feature available in WRT54G (v5)

How do u connect the cable to the PC? directly or through some sort of
equipement provided by the ISP?

in my case:

ISP Line -> DSL Router (bridge mode) -> Linksys Router (Assigned
static IP Address) -> clients

similarly in you r case it could be

Case 1:
ISP Line -> some equipment -> Linksys Router -> Clients

or
Case 2:
ISP Line -> Linksys Router -> clients

Case 1 & Case 2:
You cannot do away with the equipment provided by the ISP, just have
the router configured the same way u have configured ur PC. Even on u
r PC u cannot configure the ACNAME thing through the regular network
options.

Aditya