[PLUG] [COMMERCIAL] Language Maintainer - Marathi position at Red
sankarshan.mukhopadhyay at gmail.com
Mon May 28 03:15:08 PDT 2007
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Division: Red Hat
Location: Pune, India IN
Travel Involved: 0-10%
Job Type: Full Time
Job Level: 2+ years experience
Education: Bachelors Degree or Equivalent
Position Summary: Translates, develops, and edits content for software
localization, paper, multimedia or web-based publications.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Translate message catalogs into native language for both Red Hat
and selected Open Source software.
* Translate manuals and other print media and web content that form
part of Red Hat's products and services.
* Participate in software quality assurance activities focused on
internationalization and localization for respective native language.
* Manage tickets for translation activities; including responding to
requester, tracking progress, and finalizing deliverables.
* Participate in-house training activities with the goal to achieve
* Participate in weekly team meetings and coordinate activities with
* Other duties may be assigned.
Minimum Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual
must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The
requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill,
and/or ability required.
* Education/Experience: Bachelors Degree majoring in Information
Technology or Computer Science or Arts/Languages or equivalent
combination of education and experience.
* Language Ability: Ability to read and interpret technical
documents. Ability to translate both technical and non-technical
information into native language. Ability to write routine reports and
correspondence. Minimum translation speed required for this role is 250
words per hour.
* Computer Skills: Familiar with word processing, email, and other
Please send CVs in Open Document Format with [Language Maintainer -
Marathi] in the subject line to smohan at redhat.com
You see things; and you say 'Why?';
But I dream things that never were;
and I say 'Why not?' - George Bernard Shaw
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.4.5 (GNU/Linux)
Comment: Using GnuPG with Fedora - http://enigmail.mozdev.org
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
More information about the plug-mail