[PLUG] Tata Indicom Broadband with WRT54G

Mayuresh mayuresh at acm.org
Mon May 28 20:20:29 IST 2007

> If u were to configure the same on a windoze PC how do u do it?

Well, that's tricky as well. I am not good at Windows. So will just tell a few
things that I recollect:

First time around (a year back) when I was yet to figure out how to make it
work on Linux I tried it on Windows. Didn't succeed. None of the "general"
instructions to set this up available on web etc appear to work.

Tata Indicom support politely told that they can't give these instructions
over phone and their engineer will have to come and do it onsite.

Then came a Tata Indicom guy who brought some CD with him and did some
settings. An interesting step in what he did was writing the magic word
VSNL_PuneBRAS00 (i.e. our ACNAME stuff) in dial up or some such illogical
looking field.

That gave me a hint to solve the problem for Linux.

Eventually my Windows crashed and after re-installing I was never able to
reproduce those magic steps and the place where to specify the ACNAME again -
neither did I care to.

Mayuresh.