[PLUG] infrared transmitter and receiver

Devendra Laulkar devendralaulkar at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 6 23:58:47 IST 2007

Hi,

> I am looking for infrared transmitter and receiver
> devices that work on Linux.

A few years back I had built a simple circuit around
IC TSOP  1738. You can just connect this IC to serial
port along with a capacitor and a resistor. You can
use any remote to get codes.

I remember  using some program on Windows which could
catch the codes, and you can set actions to do with
it.

In Linux, I could get the scan codes, but I couldn't
make lirc run with it.

-Devendra.