[PLUG] Re: BSNL Broadband Online Application

Vivek J. Patankar vivek.patankar at gmail.com
Wed Nov 14 17:00:56 IST 2007

Ashutosh Adkar wrote:
>  I am pretty sure they have improved, just telling you the way things
> were...

Maybe.
I went to my local exchange earlier this afternoon and filled out the
form. I was told that I could not get a connection immediately because
their hardware capacity was full. Apparently, new equipment to expand
capacity has already been delivered to the exchange, but there is no one
who can do the installation. According to them, some one will come over
from one of the bigger exchanges to do that installation by the 1st of
December and then they will start installations on a first come first
served basis.
This is in the Nyati County area of Mohammedwadi, Hadapsar. So I guess
I'll be on GPRS for another month or so. Argh!

And BTW, I will have to buy my own ADSL router and they recomment a
D-Link GLB-502T ADSL2+ router. Which brings me to the question... is
there an equivalent router which will work with BSNL and has wireless
capacity apart from the usual FE port? I have a laptop and wireless
would be much better.

--
Regards,
विवेक ज. पाटणकर (Vivek J. Patankar)