[PLUG] Hibernate in Kde in Fedora 8

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Thu Nov 29 17:01:38 IST 2007

Sharique uddin Ahmed Farooqui wrote:
> Hi,
> I have installed Fedora 8 on my PC,  I'm impressed with it. It has improved
> a lot from 7.
> I'm a kde user,  in shutdown dialog box it is not showing hibernate option ,
> in gnome hibernate option is available. How can I enable it in Kde?

If you installed it from DVD instead of the KDE spin, you probably have
GDM as the default login manager. Switching to KDM would likely fix this.

Modify or create a file /etc/sysconfig/desktop and add

DISPLAY=KDE
DiSPLAYMANAGER=KDM

Save the file and relogin and check out the menu options.  The command
line equivalent to hibernate menu option is called pm-hibernate. It is
possible to setup a shortcut on the desktop to this command too.

Rahul