[PLUG] Manipulating database dumps

Devendra Laulkar devendralaulkar at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 1 22:17:22 IST 2007

Hi all,

I am looking for some tools to manipulate large
database dumps.

Currently, I am trying to manipulate wikipedia
databases - which contain a huge number of records.
Wikipedia provides the entire MySql (huge) dump at
[1], but  I don't require all the fields in various
Eg. the categorylinks table consists of (int, varchar,
varchar , timestamp) - I am only interested in the
first two columns.

I am writing script to remove un-necessary fields from
the dumps, but I wonder if there are any free software
"data loaders" out there.

Any suggestions / comments welcome.