[PLUG] Research at Intel · Mashups for the Masses

sudhanwa Jogalekar sudhanwa.com at gmail.com
Tue Oct 2 00:02:59 IST 2007

Thanks Sankarshan for this.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Sankarshan Mukhopadhyay <sankarshan.mukhopadhyay@>
Date: Oct 1, 2007 4:27 PM
Subject: Research at Intel · Mashups for the Masses
To: sudhanwa Jogalekar <sudhanwa.com@>, Alolita Sharma <asharma@>

http://blogs.intel.com/research/2007/09/mashups_for_the_masses.html#more

Intel Mash Maker is a research project at Intel Research that is
attempting to produce a solution, and I'm pleased to say I'm quite
excited about it.

With Mash Maker, mashups are part of the normal browsing experience. As
you browse the web, the Mash Maker toolbar displays buttons representing
mashups that Mash Maker thinks you might want to apply to your current
page. If you click on one of these buttons, Mash Maker will apply that
Mashup to your page. This might mean plotting all items on a map,
annotating each flight with the expected legroom, or anything else. The
cool thing about this is that you don't need to know that there are
mashups you might find useful —- the mashups come to you.