[PLUG] Computer slows after some time

Vishal Rao vishalrao at gmail.com
Sun Oct 7 12:18:44 IST 2007

On 10/7/07, Vikas Garud <vikas at techqual.com> wrote:
> PS:  SuSE 10.3 is released.  Anybody has any idea if these problems persist in
> the new release?
> Vikas Garud

I'm running openSUSE 10.3 with KDE at the moment, installed it
yesterday. I believe the problematic ZMD has been replaced by
something else (zypper I think). There is also the kerry/beagle
desktop search enabled by default when you first login but I have
disabled it from automatically starting up...

So far the desktop seems to be working fine on my P4 2.4ghz with 512mb
RAM and nVidia 7600.

I've been struggling to get desktop effects (wobbly windows etc) to
work properly (effects work but no window decorations visible) but
that's another story.

--
"Thou shalt not follow the null pointer for at it's end madness and chaos lie."