[PLUG] Mandriva Linux 2008

Vishal Rao vishalrao at gmail.com
Thu Oct 11 16:25:58 IST 2007

On 10/11/07, Rahul Sundaram <sundaram at fedoraproject.org> wrote:
> Mandriva never pulled the free distribution and the club membership has
> been open to everyone for a while now.

Maybe I was mistaken but to me it looked like the free version was
limited and was not made available for download immediately upon
release. Only paying club members could download the free version for
a while after which the general public got access, and I'm pretty sure
about that unless the spam was not from Mandriva.

But now that I think about it, I didn't notice any "announcement" that
"One" 2008.0 is available only to club members for a period and I
downloaded the KDE Live CD ISO yesterday so they may have mended their
ways?

--
"Thou shalt not follow the null pointer for at it's end madness and chaos lie."