[PLUG] Mandriva Linux 2008

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Thu Oct 11 16:34:07 IST 2007

Vishal Rao wrote:
> On 10/11/07, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
>> Mandriva never pulled the free distribution and the club membership has
>> been open to everyone for a while now.
>
> Maybe I was mistaken but to me it looked like the free version was
> limited and was not made available for download immediately upon
> release.

It wasn't immediately available but there was no limitations in the free
version. It was the exact same copy but maybe a week or so later after
the club members. The benefit for being a club member was that you got
the copy earlier. I don't see anything wrong in that model personally.

> But now that I think about it, I didn't notice any "announcement" that
> "One" 2008.0 is available only to club members for a period and I
> downloaded the KDE Live CD ISO yesterday so they may have mended their
> ways?

They dropped the club membership as a revenue model.

Rahul