[PLUG] HCL laptop?

Devendra Laulkar devendralaulkar at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 17 11:10:37 IST 2007

Hi,

>  He did not even know the names of any
> other distributions
> and thought them to be different OSes.  But i felt
> nice to know that
> people are beginning to talk about different OSes.

This is partly due to PLUG participation in the CMDA
IT expo. Every year CMDA organizes an exhibition with
participation of all dealers. PLUG also has a stall
over there where we just keep 2-3 computers with
various distros like Mandriva, Fedora, etc. So atleast
people know about various options that are out there.

Also, over years there has been a definite change in
attitude - Earlier people used to ask "What are you
selling". Now a days people(ie general janta that
attends the expo) have heard of terms like "Linux" ,
"Red Hat", "Fedora", "Open Source".

-Devendra.