[PLUG] KWGR614 or WRT54GL

Devendra Laulkar devendralaulkar at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 29 19:32:06 IST 2007

Hi,

> > What I'm wondering is, will the signal/range
> improve or degrade if I
> > place one antenna horizonal and the other
> vertical, assuming both are
> > active if I've enabled only WiFi-G mode? will have
> to check this
> > weekend...
> Sorry for the delay in answering, but I am sure, one
> antenna is for
> the G band and the other is for the B band.

Both 802.11b and 802.11g use the same frequency band
of 2.4 Ghz, unlike 802.11a which uses 5Ghz band. So,
two antennae, one for b & second one for g really do
not make sense...

A little bit of googling revealed that both antennae
are used to counter effects of multipath propogation
_>

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk722/tk809/technologies_tech_note09186a008019f646.shtml#multipath

In any case, the two antennae are not meant to
increase the range, and I think keeping one horizontal
and second vertical will not boost reception.

-Devendra Laulkar