[PLUG] Please sign the petition against Microsoft's Office OpenXML becoming an ISO standard

Vivek Khurana hiddenharmony at gmail.com
Wed Oct 31 21:15:13 IST 2007

On 10/31/07, ಓಂ <guru.is.on.vi at gmail.com> wrote:
> Many (nearly 50% or more) points mentioned in the petition are of
> highly argumentative nature...  that's my sincere opinion...
>
> The best thing an *international* body like ISO could do is to make
> Microsoft work for getting it's standard to the level and point where
> that could be acceptable to all :-)

 Well there is a provision for such improvement. In Feb 2008 ISO will
meet to discuss the comments sent by countries. Giving a chance for M$
to improve upon the standard.
 As of now M$ tried to by pas the process by getting fast track
approval. This fast track approval process was turned down and now a
larger discussion will take place. How M$ got into fast track
approval, that is another controversy.

regards
VK