[PLUG] Ubuntu installation queries

Vishal Rao vishalrao at gmail.com
Mon Apr 28 17:53:02 IST 2008

On Mon, Apr 28, 2008 at 3:38 PM, roupam ghosh <roupam_ghosh at vsnl.net> wrote:
> Download the Ubuntu DVD...

Can you post links from where to get the DVD? Is it an official DVD
ISO made by Canonical?

I've noticed a lot of complaints about Hardy on ubuntuforums.org,
installations not going well, other things like networking, sound,
graphics giving problems, random lockups. Looks like the scheduled
8.04.1 release in July as a contingency plan was a good idea.

Note that I've installed Hardy amd64 at home and it's working very
well for me... although I dont want to risk installing it on my tablet
PC just yet :-)

My office also plans to evaluate this release, we're currently using Feisty.

If I may ask you (Yogesh) - what's reason why you are planning to
evaluate Ubuntu when you are currently using Fedora?