[PLUG] trouble with mandriva

Jayant Kairi jayantkairi at gmail.com
Tue Aug 12 20:54:01 PDT 2008

dear sir,

after having known that mandriva is one of the best linux for
beginners, i downloaded mandriva 2008 and tried to load it on my HCL
laptop. but the installation freezes just after the welcome screen. i
have checked the cd on another desktop, it works fine there.

i had tried ubuntu 8.04 and the installation was a problem then too.
however, it worked with safe graphics mode. but in case of mandriva
the safe graphics mode option is not there in the installation
options. I have tried all the possible options but none worked.

pl help,

jayant