[PLUG] Mandriva And Mandriva...

Aditya Laghate laghatea at gmail.com
Sun Aug 24 21:31:42 IST 2008

On Sun, 2008-08-24 at 20:51 +0530, Arun Khan wrote:
> On Sunday 24 Aug 2008, म.हा.सा.ग.र wrote:
>   When I inserted his USB pen drive on my Ubuntu
> 8.04.1 I noticed a lot of <dir>.exe files created on my hard disk.
> Obviously, the pen drive was infected but worse yet the virus was able
> to create the files on my system.  Luckily the damage was contained
> since the .exe files could not run on my system.  I disabled "auto run"
> in Nautilus.  Ease of use has it's down side.

This is funny!! I have till date (in the last 10 years) never seen a
virus file replicating on Linux!! Are you sure it came from the
pen-drive and not were already present??

Because, by logic and theory, the executable on the pen-drive CANNOT
execute on Linux. A windows executable CANNOT run on Linux.

There is something fishy here!

Cheers
Aditya