[PLUG] Need help on Linux IPCop firewall

murtuja bharmal murtuja_bharmal at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 22 11:16:43 IST 2008

It is quite tough to explain everything on mail.
But let me try to clear little bit.

Basic requirement for
1> Static IP(Public) on both the office. (requires to configured site to site VPN.)
2> Local network info of both the side. It should be different i.e .  office1 -> 192.168.1.0/24  office2-> 192.168.2.0/24

Following is ther firewall rules require. both office

      Network Obj                         service                                           Network Obj
1> Static IP office-1 --------------udp port 500,  ESP-----------------------  Static IP office -2
2> Static IP office -2  ------------udp  port 500,  ESP  --------------------   Static IP office -1
3> Local Lan office -1 ------------- http, ftp, ssh------------------------------  Local Lan office -2
4> Local Lan office -2 --------------http,ftp, ssh ---------------------------------Local Lan offcie-1
                                                            (whatever service is required
                                                              above mention 3 service is
                                                                just example)

VPN Setting

For Office -1

Local Static IP -  (Office-1  Public IP)
Local Lan - (Office-1 Local Lan)
Remote Static IP - (Office-2 Static IP)`
Remote Lan - (Office-2 Lan network)
Encryption  Algo,  Hash Algo, Diff-halfman Key exchange algo (For Phase -1 and Phase -2) All information is already available in the list you have just select
                                                                                                                           one for both the side and it should be same on both the side)
Preshared Key - (Kind of password)

For Office-2

Local Static IP -  (Office-2  Public IP)
Local Lan - (Office-2 Local Lan)
Remote Static IP - (Office-1 Static IP)`
Remote Lan - (Office-1 Lan network)
Encryption  Algo,  Hash Algo, Diff-halfman Key exchange algo (For Phase
-1 and Phase -2) All information is already available in the list you
have just select

                        one for both the side and it should be same on
both the side)
Preshared Key - (Kind of password)

Better if you go through manual of IPCop for more details.
Try to configure it by yourself, if you face any problem let me know.

From tomorrow I am going out of city for a week, will be back on 30th.
If you are not able to make it possible, then we will meet some time after 30th Dec. :)

Cheers
Murtuja Bharmal