[PLUG] .htaccess problem

Sriram Narayanan sriramnrn at gmail.com
Fri Dec 26 01:33:12 IST 2008

On Thu, Dec 25, 2008 at 11:49 PM, Aman Kumar Jain <mails4aj at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
> I have done the following configuration in apache2 server.
>
>        <Directory / >
>                Options Indexes FollowSymLinks MultiViews
>                Order allow,deny
>                allow from all
> *                AllowOverride None*
>        </Directory>
> Since I have done "*AllowOverride None*" the server should not process
> .htaccess files. But, this is not the case, it is processing .htaccess
> files. Is there something else that I will have to do?

I'm assuming that the * characters are just for the email, and that
you actually have AllowOverride None in the config file.

        <Directory / >
                Order allow,deny
                allow from all
                 AllowOverride None
        </Directory>

By any chance, do you have another Directory entry ?

        <Directory /var/www/htdocs/my/custom/folder >
                Order allow,deny
                allow from all
                 AllowOverride All
        </Directory>

This would enable .htaccess in the sub-folder.

Also, setting the Loglevel to Debug might help with diagnostics.
Could you turn debug logging on to see what's hapening ?

Another thing you may want to try is to have a very very basic set of
config and test just that much.

-- Sriram