[PLUG] BSNL Broadband - Help!

Vivek J. Patankar vivek.patankar at gmail.com
Sat Feb 16 01:49:17 IST 2008

Vivek J. Patankar wrote:
> It turns out that there was no problem with my settings or my modem.
> After a week of trying different things, I took a day off work and took
> my laptop and modem to the exchange. I had them disconnect my line from
> the patch panel and punch in a new pair to connect directly to the
> modem. Worked like a charm.
> Now that they are convinced that it is a problem with my line, it's just
> waiting until they fix it. Not sure how long that is going to take though.

Also, for all you BSNL users out there, he's a bonus. In case of
problems with your username, password, settings, etc, call 26330302.
This is the number of the office of a Mr Saha, a DE in BSNL. I didn't
get to speak to him but the people in his office know their stuff.
Infinitely better than the morons I talked to at the helpline number I
was given. They even took the time to go talk me through the settings of
my modem to confirm it was correct.

विवेक ज. पाटणकर (Vivek J. Patankar)

Registered Linux User #374218
Fedora release 8 (Werewolf)