[PLUG] FOSS for Maths meet at BP

Vivek Khurana hiddenharmony at gmail.com
Fri Feb 22 16:31:31 IST 2008

On Fri, Feb 22, 2008 at 10:50 AM, ಓಂ <guru.is.on.vi at gmail.com> wrote:
> that is the just the same way GNU GPL locks people down from
>  exploiting their's own innovations.... so what is different?  GNU
>  wants to have source code of your innovations back to them...  Forcing
>  you to give back to the place where you took idea from is still
>  coersive.

 But you get *FULL* credit for your innovation under GNU. As per GNU
you cant keep your innovation to yourself and you have to share it
with the community from which the work was derived. If *your*
innovation is based on hard work of several others then you are in
fact exploiting *others* innovation not yours.
 So, GNU doesnt let you exploit others innovation but how come this
locks down people ?

 Sherlock: Watson, what did Newton said ?
 Watson: What ?
 Sherlock: Newton said "I was able to do so much because I was
standing on the shoulders of giants" ;-)

regards
VK