[PLUG] Self Analysis

Sriram Narayanan sriramnrn at gmail.com
Sun Feb 24 10:50:39 IST 2008

On Sat, Feb 23, 2008 at 9:58 PM, Kenneth Gonsalves
<lawgon at thenilgiris.com> wrote:

>  On 23-Feb-08, at 4:40 PM, Sriram Narayanan wrote:
>
>  > On CSLug
>
>  what  is CSLug?

CSLug -> Computer Science Linux User Group
(http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/cslug/messages).

Formerly called BCS Lug -> Bachelors of Science Computer Linux User
Group, until one of the moderators accidentally made a setting that
prevented anyone else from joining the group.

The list members are mostly Pune based, and mostly students. The
intent was to create a list where students could join and learn about
Linux and about FOSS philosophies without getting flamed for not
understanding netiquette or for posting off topic messages.

The CSLinux distribution was much discussed and developed by different
members of the BCSLug list.

Some members of the CSLug list are on PLUG and vice versa. We've all
been careful to never criticize the PLUG simply because we're all part
of the same open source community. The reason two groups exist is to
cater to different types of list members - the one who like focussed
discussions and netiquette (I think), and the other where newbies are
encouraged to sign up and ask questions and to learn netiquette either
by observation, or by asking, or on other lists.

-- Sriram