[PLUG] Cheat Sheet / Quick Start Guide

Aman King the21stphantom at gmail.com
Tue Jan 8 17:06:04 IST 2008

Hi,

On 08/12/2007, Devendra Laulkar <devendralaulkar at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Any additions, suggestions welcome. Please note that
> this flyer is to be distributed to the general public
> which may or may not have any background in using
> computers.

Since this is intended for the general public (read "windows users"),
we can assume they already have Windows on their machines at
home/work.

Can we highlight that a Linux distro can be installed as dual boot on
their machines without losing existing data? This will encourage
people to experiment with a new OS with the comfort that they can go
back to their familiar Windows OS anytime.

They could also be informed that data (like rtf docs, pictures, music,
etc) can be shared between their dual boot OS's, so that they can work
on the same things from either OS.