[PLUG] Auto Shutdown PC

Arun Khan knura at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 18 13:32:03 IST 2008

On Wednesday 16 Jul 2008, Sonawane Satish wrote:
> Thanks.
>
> My Champion UPS (600x) has network cable sockets for connection to
> modem and fax....the only extra feature, I can see other than power
> output sockets. I selected wrong UPS :-(

You mean, it does not have a serial port or a USB port?

UPS communicate with the PC either over a serial or an usb port.  The
APC 800 that I have has a strange looking connector for the USB port.
It looks like a RJ45 connector but with a different type of notch.
Only the USB cable supplied by them will fit into this socket, the
other end has a regular USB cable that can be connected to the PC.
Works like a champ with apcupsd.

Please look carefully.  Ask the vendor how does the UPS communicates
with the PC.

HTH,
-- Arun Khan