[PLUG] [OT] Telephone emulation software

Yogesh Hasabnis yhasabnis at rediffmail.com
Fri Jul 18 14:39:45 IST 2008

Hi All,

I am looking for some open-source application that will allow me to use a PC as a telephone instrument. The idea is to connect speakers and a mic to the PC and use it as a telephone instrument so that the voice of the remote person is audible to all the people sitting in a classroom/conferenceroom. Some sort of an alternative for a polycom device. I just found an application called QtPhone on sourceforge.net and I will evaluate it. But would like to know if somebody has already used any such application.

Thanks in advance.

Yogesh