[PLUG] Resolving dependencies in rpmbuild

Parag Shah adaptives at gmail.com
Thu Jun 12 18:36:26 IST 2008

Hi,

I am trying to install OpenVPN on a Centos 5.1 box. OpenVPN ships a gz file
that can be transformed into a binary rpm with rpmbuild. OpenVPN however
needs lzo-devel libraries to be installed before we can use rpmbuild to
build OpenVPN's rpm file.

I build lzo by compiling the sources. It's libraries are in /usr/local/lib

When I run rpmbuild again, it still complains that it cannot find lzo. This
is probably because rpmbuild does not know it needs to look in
/usr/local/lib .

Is there any way we can instruct rpmbuild on where to find dependencies?

Or is it that rpmbuild needs these dependencies also to be installed using
rpm, so that their details are in the rpm database? In which case maybe I
should find and install lzo-devel from rpm's.

Thanks in advance.

--
Regards
Parag Shah