[PLUG] Are you on Firefox 3 yet ?

Chetan Kumar chetanku at gmail.com
Thu Jun 19 08:49:47 IST 2008

On Wed, Jun 18, 2008 at 9:41 PM, Atul Nene <atul.nene at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Im on Firefox 3 and it rocks. How about you ? :)

Here is what I see on "About mozilla firefox"
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-GB; rv:1.9) Gecko/2008052912 Firefox/3.0
This was updated (auto) for me a week back or so (do not remember the
exact date) as I was on RCx versions since a few months. (did not
participate in the attempt to create record of downloads)
I have encountered a few problems with gmail (it happens after a few
days of starting the process). I noticed yesterday that on taking some
action like opening a message, top left corner of the main window
shows up at the lower right corner (as if the main window was a
desktop and I had moved the browser window to this extreme position).
This problem goes away on restarting.
There could also be some memory leakage (haven't done any methodical
study) as the size grows over time (of course tabs get added, but on
closing a few there should be commensurate release of memory).
Only flash, noscript and "Its all Text!" pludigns are installed. No
issues with any of these.
Cheers
Chetan