[PLUG] Need Ubuntu CDs

Aditya Godbole aag.lists at gmail.com
Tue Jun 24 12:11:42 IST 2008

On Mon, Jun 23, 2008 at 7:41 AM, Arati Dikey <aratidikey at gmail.com> wrote:
> Thank you.
> I will but the latest PC magazine.

Hi Arati,

I would suggest against getting the CDs from the PC magazine you have
in mind. Your research on the net has in my opinion led you to the
correct conclusion that Ubuntu is a good distribution for beginners.
So just keep looking for Ubuntu CDs. Amit Karpe has sent a useful
reply to your mail, get in touch with him for the CDs (remember to
give him a blank CD in return, thats how it works).

> I read below statement on http://www.plug.org.in/software.php .
> 'PLUG would request individuals/organizations to Buy the free software from
> the official distributors as far as possible'.
> That is why I enquired about the official distributors.

Its very commendable that you had the patience to go through the
website. Contrary to Gaurav's opinion, I think that a well designed
website should be able to point you towards the right direction. If
the website has created more questions than it has answered, the
website and its designers are at fault, not you.
The only reason you would want to buy a CD/DVD from a vendor is for
the support they provide. But that is for people who don't have time
to explore, learn and fix things on their own. So the decision is
yours.
You can always get help on this mailing list if you ask questions
properly (http://plug.org.in/mailinglist.php and
http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html) , are patient and
can ignore most of the replies which have nothing to do with the
question you ask (like this one? :) )

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Aditya.