[PLUG] Need Ubuntu CDs

Jayant Kairi jayantkairi at gmail.com
Wed Jun 25 10:47:12 IST 2008

Dear Aarti,

Like you, i am also new to linux and i too started with UBuntu 8.04.

The cd is no issue. if you can get it collected, i can give u a copy.

 However, i would like you to caution, that if you are new to linux,
installation especially on branded machines, mostly laptops at times can be
tricky. Only the low graphics version runs on my laptop which is HCL make.
however, there is no problem with compaq or dell machines. Fedore  9 doesn't
install on my laptop at all.

I suggest that you check these issues before taking the plunge. I proudly
and gratefully admit that in my endeavour, I was helped by Plug members who
got me going with my first installation of Ubuntu on my laptop.

Bye and regards,

Jayant