[PLUG] Let us Discuss LinTops ( Linux Compatible Computers ) !

श्रीधर नारायण दैठणकर ghodechhap at ghodechhap.net
Wed Jun 25 22:53:57 IST 2008

On Wednesday 25 Jun 2008 18:00:29 aniruddh katkar wrote:
> Guys are you all talking about a new platform than x86 if so then there are
> very few of them but not populer as x86
> if you are simply prefering AMD because you need a diversion from intel but
> i dont think thats a good idea because intel has unmatched performance as
> compared to AMD

substantiate please.

Check price/performance. If I have to build a assembled machine, AMD machine
including mobo+CPU+RAM+Machine case costs around the same(13000/-) as intel
mobo+cpu(14500/-).  This was about 1.5 years ago. I haven't built a box
since. But from my past experience, prices remain pretty steady, what you get
is changed.

If you put same amount of money in AMD machine, you could possibly afford 8GB
of RAM !
--
Shridhar