[PLUG] Open source phone goes mass-market

Vishal Rao vishalrao at gmail.com
Fri Jun 27 09:42:46 IST 2008

On Thu, Jun 26, 2008 at 5:32 PM, Chetan Kumar <chetanku at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 26, 2008 at 5:00 PM, Vishal Rao <vishalrao at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Thu, Jun 26, 2008 at 4:54 PM, Nishit Dave <stargazer.dave at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> I'll buy it.  Would you?
>>
>> Does it have a touchscreen (stylus and/or finger) which I didnt see
>
> It has touchscreen. For more info go to the source (openmoko.org)

Yes, I'm also waiting for 3G or whatever mobile broadband tech to take
off here, hopefully the pricing will be not too much of a rip-off.

It has touchscreen mentioned on their wiki but I'll wait for someone
who actually buys a device to post online/blog as a confirmation,
would be nice if a stylus and finger would both work.

So its not completely open, they mention the CAD files are available
but the 3D chip is closed:
http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Neo_FreeRunner_GTA02_Hardware#Graphics.2F3D_Acceleration
but its still cool anyways.

--
"Thou shalt not follow the null pointer for at its end madness and chaos lie."