[PLUG] wireless datacard not working

Aditya Godbole aag.lists at gmail.com
Mon Mar 17 00:12:39 IST 2008

On Sun, Mar 16, 2008 at 9:10 PM, Sharique uddin Ahmed Farooqui
<safknw at gmail.com> wrote:
> hi,
>
>  I have a Compaq laptop (Celeron) . I have Huwei (Tata Indicom) data card.
>  It is detected properly and able to get connected . I'm using kppp dialer.
>  But I'm not able to surf. I doesn't open any page. Gives page not found.

Is this a USB card or PCMCIA? For the USB cards at least, make sure
you dont wait for the dialtone. There is an option to do that in KPPP.
One way of finding out whether you are actually connected is to ping
202.54.10.2 which is the Tata Indicom DNS server. If all goes fine
till here, try manually setting the DNS entries. But Tata Indicon ppp
gives the dns entries (at least on my usb based connection). So there
is less chance that you might have to manually set the DNS entries.

-aditya