[PLUG] Linux + XP dual boot

श्रीधर नारायण दैठणकर ghodechhap at ghodechhap.net
Thu Mar 20 09:55:25 IST 2008

On Thursday 20 Mar 2008 09:34:01 ഓം wrote:
> Even without changing distribution upgrade can have problems and clean
> install is always recommended.  In which case having separate home
> gives you a lot of rope to play with anything...(upgrade or
> cleaninstall)

If a distro. has problems upgrading, then it has high maintenance. An
installation must be upgradable to next immediate release at least.
Personally I hold that as minimum requirement.

And of course there are backups. User home directory is not much of an issue
if there is current backup and the installation itself is working. I am still
carrying my home dir. across machine, which has traces of mandrake 8 in it.

Shridhar