[PLUG] KMail messup!!

Arun Khan knura at yahoo.com
Wed May 7 19:16:55 IST 2008

On Wednesday 07 May 2008, ഓം wrote:
> Solution is already out here on the list archives...
>
> what I want to share is why one should rename old kmailrc and force
> kmail to create a self-reliant fresh kmailrc...
>
> Simply because it will load in new features that otherwise won't get
> activated..

Good point.

I usually create a pristine account on my system wherein I test the same
application that is behaving erratically in my "regular" login
environment.  If the behaviour persists then it is a good indication
that the app. is at fault.

> but i would be a really good feature for KDE to automagically convert
> old KMailRC into the new *avatar*.  And if I go and ask for it in
> bugzilla.kde.org, they would treat it as a new feature and would be
> put under different category that has lower priority since it may not
> be a sh0wstopper!

This is usually true when migrating to major versions.  I would venture
even commercial software vendors duck such issues and suggest "fresh"
install or config files.

--
Arun Khan