[PLUG] Asus EeePC

Arun Khan knura at yahoo.com
Thu May 29 11:09:05 IST 2008

On Thursday 29 May 2008, Desi Penguin wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I happened to look at one at croma store in Ishanya mall. I was
> impressed.

I have one.  It is kick ass.  It comes with a customized version of
Xandros.  All the components work in the installed OS - no driver
issues.  Asus has announced a SDK for 3rd party apps.

It has WiFi, LAN, 3 USB ports, card reader, VGA out, webcam, ethernet.
Just about all the features a biz person would need to get her/his job
done.

Networking, ethernet OK,  WiFi OK with WPA (no WPA2 support), usb
tataindicom data card OK.  I believe it can also boot from a USB stick
but I have not verified it.

A few hackers have a customized Ubuntu to replace Xandros; search
the 'Net.

HTH

--
Arun Khan