[PLUG] Fwd: [ilugd] Freed.in 2009, Feb. 20th, 21st: Getting there together

Sudhanwa Jogalekar sudhanwa.com at gmail.com
Thu Nov 13 23:10:22 IST 2008

FYI.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Gora Mohanty <gora at sarai.net>
Date: Thu, Nov 13, 2008 at 10:42 PM
Subject: [ilugd] Freed.in 2009, Feb. 20th, 21st: Getting there together
To: ILUGD main list <ilugd at lists.linux-delhi.org>
Cc: Source Software Project List <prc at sarai.net>, General Freed list
<freed at lists.linux-delhi.org>, Free/Libre

Hello everyone,
 Yes, it is that time of the year again, when there
is a nip  in the air, and a young person's fancy
lightly turns to thoughts of Freed.in, http://freed.in

 The third iteration of the event has now been
scheduled for Fri. and Sat., Feb. 20th and 21st, 2009,
at the same venue as before: The School of Information
Technology , Jawaharlal Nehru University, Delhi.

 As with previous events, we seek to move beyond the
confines of the software world, to join hands with
like-minded people in other areas, and help share the
ideals of Free/Open Source Software (FOSS). The focus
on open content, and unfettered access to knowledge
continues, and this time we have tangible projects
in mind, including:
 o The Open Source Drug Discovery (OSDD) project
   (http://osdd.org)
 o Open content, and open access:
     * Wikipedia, and similar projects like OpenStreetMap
     * Open access to scientific data, and open publishing
     * Open courseware
 o FOSS technology
 o The community within, and beyond FOSS

 Freed.in (http://freed.in) is an event of, by, and for
the community, and is open to all participants. All planning
will be done through the public Wiki at
http://wiki.linux-delhi.org/cgi-bin/twiki/Freed . Immediate
collateral documents are under
http://wiki.linux-delhi.org/cgi-bin/twiki/Freed/FreedDocs

Each one of you is most cordially invited to participate in
this event, and make it your own. You can take part as:
 o A speaker: Please see the call for papers at
http://wiki.linux-delhi.org/cgi-bin/twiki/Freed/CallforPapers
   including a PDF copy. Please do circulate this far, and
   wide.
 o A volunteer: Add yourself to the topmost table at
http://wiki.linux-delhi.org/cgi-bin/twiki/Freed/VolunteersList
   and we will be in touch. Freed.in meetings from tomorrow
   onwards are public, held every Friday, and will be
   announced here.
 o A participant: Come to the event, and bring your friends,
   and family. Registration on http://freed.in will open soon.
 o A sponsor: Please contact someone from the management team
   listed at
http://wiki.linux-delhi.org/cgi-bin/twiki/Freed/FreedManagers

Regards,
Gora