[PLUG] Email Server

Rajiv Gore rajiv at wsieng.com
Fri Oct 3 10:49:53 IST 2008

On Thursday 02 October 2008 20:40, Shantanoo Mahajan (शंतनू महाजन) wrote:
> dovecot is one of the easiest POP3/IMAP/POP3S/IMAPS server I have came
> across. You
> need to make changes in only one file to make it running. My
> suggestion is to give
> one more chance to dovecot and go through the config file.
>
> regards,
> shantanoo
>
> PS: Avoid using pop3s and imaps to configure in first attempt if its
> not necessary.
Here is the out put of dovecot.conf
1.1.3: /usr/local/etc/dovecot.conf
log_path: /var/log/dovecot.log
info_log_path: /var/log/info.dovecot
disable_plaintext_auth: no
login_dir: /usr/local/var/run/dovecot/login
login_executable: /usr/local/libexec/dovecot/imap-login
login_greeting: Hi Buddy got Password!.
mail_privileged_group: mail
auth default:
  verbose: yes
  debug: yes
  debug_passwords: yes
  passdb:
    driver: passwd-file
    args: /etc/passwd.dovecot
  userdb:
    driver: passwd
    args: /etc/passwd.dovecot

I can telnet to Dovecot but using the Login name and password given
passwd.dovecot file I can not login to dovecot.
The error is
dovecot: Oct 02 12:43:52 Info: auth(default): passwd(Rajiv,127.0.0.1): unknown
user

How to get past this?
Thanks for the help in advance.
--