[PLUG] Fedora 9 valued at $10.8B

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Sun Oct 26 11:06:11 IST 2008

Aditya Godbole wrote:
> On Sun, Oct 26, 2008 at 4:17 AM, Rahul Sundaram
> wrote:
>> http://www.linuxfoundation.org/publications/estimatinglinux.php
>> You might want to search for "value" in there and read it entirely.
> I did. In all the places where they have used the word 'value', they
> mean cost.

Not so simplistically however. Besides media reports tend to expand and
interpret the report in various ways as well.

> Perhaps this is a new age economics about which I have no idea.

It is not new (theory was published in 1981). It is based on the
original work done by David Wheeler at

The model used is called COCOMO

The report does reference all these details btw.