[PLUG] multimedia on openSUSE

Aditya Laghate laghatea at gmail.com
Mon Sep 1 10:07:34 IST 2008

On Sat, Aug 30, 2008 at 12:14 PM, Jayant Kairi <jayantkairi at gmail.com> wrote:
> i am using opensuse11 ... i have downloaded the codecs from
> the opensuse community site and yast shows all downloaded files as
> installed. however, mp3 files and music cds are playing normally.
>
> can anyone guide me about what could be wrong?

Jayant,

I do not know if you have done this, but goto YAST -> Software
Management -> Add Repositories

There you will find a PACMAN Repository, make that active and then
from YAST install mplayer & win32codecs. This should ideally sort the
issues out.

I have followed this procedure to get video and audio files playing on
my openSuse 11.

HTH

Cheers
Aditya