[PLUG] Cant connect to Mysql in Ubuntu 7.10

Amitabh Jain ajain101 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 4 11:59:01 IST 2008

Hi Abhi,

On Wed, Sep 3, 2008 at 1:56 PM, abhi <abhi.elementx at gmail.com> wrote:

> hello ,
> I am new to linux and dont even know how to use a mailing list. So forgive
> me for any mistakes.

It is great to see you are using Linux!

> I have installed ubuntu 7.10 gutsy gibbon and having some problems.

Why not try the latest version? It is much better.

> ->I cant see the programming menu.
> -> i cant play music files from windows(says codecs required). I
> have downloaded codecs on a pen drive but dont know how to install them.
> ->Cannot connect to mysql (or dont know where it is like Oracle)
> ->cant see c/c++ , java IDEs
> and counting....
> (I dont have an internet connection...)

You seem to be having lots of problems!!! It is impossible to resolve them
on the mailing list!

Why don't you get your PC or laptop and come down to where I work (on
Sinhagad Road) on a Saturday. I can help you resolve these, install what you
need and find your way around Ubuntu. I am assuming you have a programming
background using Windows.

In case you are getting your PC, you do not need to bring your monitor. I
can provide that.
Email me for directions.

Cheers,
Amitabh