[PLUG] RedHat/Fedora Crisis

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Thu Sep 18 14:35:06 IST 2008

Sriram Narayanan wrote:
I feel that the Fedora and Redhat
> organizations should step in as early as possibly with a public
> statement on the various accusations being levelled at them

Perhaps but people should also realize that sometimes a organization is
limited in what it can say. In part, as announced this is a ongoing
investigation.

http://lwn.net/Articles/295150/

Fedora has send half a dozen announcements already as I pointed out.

http://plug.org.in/pipermail/plug-mail/2008-September/004932.html

Red Hat has send a errata as well.

The accusations are being thrown out from people with an agenda. The
details are lost in the noise.

> "New SSH Fingerprints" is all that's mentioned at the top at that wiki
> page. A more attention-grabbing line would have come to attention
> earlier :)

Maybe you are not seeing this but there is a link to

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Enabling_new_signing_key

Other details are covered within the announcements send to the list.
Note that you don't have to do *anything* at all for the new signing key
as yum will automatically prompt you and switch you over and you will
automatically start getting packages signed with this key. So end users
are not required to read the technical information just to get new updates.

Rahul