[PLUG] hdfcsec.com - unable to use

Mandar Vaze mandarvaze at gmail.com
Wed Aug 5 15:14:56 IST 2009

Note : This email was sent to 'spam' folder, hence the delay in response.

On Mon, Aug 3, 2009 at 11:00 AM, Shantanu Kulkarni <
linux at shantanukulkarni.org> wrote:

> for last 1 month (since  i formatted my ubuntu 6.06 and installed 9.04)
> i am not able to use my online trading a/c at
> hdfcsec.com effectively. sometimes, i cannot even log in, sometimes

couple of troubleshooting questions :
Can you see the first page where you are asked to login ?

> i cannot view my portfolio and never am able to place an order.
> the browser tries to connect to etrade.hdfcsec.com (i am transferred to
> this link from trade.hdfcsec.com) and eventually gives up. the internet

Can you ping this server from the shell ?

> speed is not an issue. i have my own dns server and also tried opendns.

Why do you suspect DNS ? Have you done nslookup ?

> i have also tried latest version of flock browser and netscape navigator
> (9.0.0.6). in netscape i was once able to place an order.

Why do you suspect this is problem with Linux/ubuntu ?
Are you able to successfully able to connect to the same site from othee OS
? (os-x or windows)

>From your description, the browser just times out (What error do you see ?)
in which case, it may not be linux related problem.

-Mandar
http://desipenguin.com/techblog