[PLUG] Unable to play WMV files.

vaibhav vaibhav.khante at gmail.com
Thu Aug 6 09:36:06 IST 2009

 Hi Shrikant,

                       I ve tried installing mplayer by the method u
suggest. I've stuck up at last point. After making a directory named
'essential-20071007' i give command: ./configure, but it gives following
error:
[root at localhost essential-20071007]# ./configure
bash: ./configure: No such file or directory

This directory contains all dll files, i guess which require to play wmv
files.
Could you please suggest whats going wrong?
Regards,
Vaibhav

( PS -- I'm sending this mail apart from mail trail because it was rejected
due to size exceeding 5kb)

> ------------------------------
>
> Hi Vaibhav,
for mplayer u need following rpm to install mplayer , mplayer-gui if u need
GUI, and binary codec essential to support most of video format. u can get
these file from below link
mplayer
1)
http://download1.rpmfusion.org/free/fedora/releases/10/Everything/i386/os/mplayer-1.0-0.102.20080903svn.fc10.i386.rpm
mplayer gui
2)
http://download1.rpmfusion.org/free/fedora/releases/10/Everything/i386/os/mplayer-gui-1.0-0.102.20080903svn.fc10.i386.rpm
also need to download binary codec
3)
http://www.mplayerhq.hu/MPlayer/releases/codecs/essential-20071007.tar.bz2
use following command to install rpm as root
# rpm -ivh filename.rpm
for installation of essential-20071007.tar.bz2
extract tar.bz2 file using
*tar* xvjf essential-20071007.tar.*bz2*
then change dir to extracted and run these command
./configure
make
make install
u can get additional information on http://www.mplayerhq.hu