[PLUG] Unable to play WMV files.

vaibhav vaibhav.khante at gmail.com
Thu Aug 6 12:51:28 IST 2009

Hello Vishal,
                    I tried installing xine using following:
" yum install xine
       xine-lib-extras-freeworld
       gstreamer-plugins-ugly
       gstreamer-plugins-bad
       gstreamer-plugins-bad-extras
       gstreamer-ffmpeg"

It installed xine successfully. But while playing .wmv file it give
following error:
" The stream 'file://root/Desktop/abc/xyz.wmv used and unsupported codec:
Video codec: Unavailable (MSS2)
  Start playback anyway?  yes  no"

could this be because of missing base-plugins and/or good-plugins ?

--Regards
Vaibhav